If there is a problem with any of the items you received, you have 72 hours in which to report the problem to us. To do so enter in contact with us indicating your order number, and problems occurred.
Our furniture is made by craftsmen whose aim is to produce gorgeous products which we’d be happy to have in our own homes.
Each item is handcrafted using traditional furniture-making techniques, a great deal of skill and a whole lot of love. Finishing by hand ensures each piece is truly unique and individual, so here are some top tips for keeping them that way (and ensuring any warrantees we offer are not invalidated through improper use):
Spills should be removed immediately using a damp cloth, then dried straight away with a lint-free cloth. We recommend regular dusting with a nice soft cloth and occasional wiping with a mild, wood-friendly detergent solution. Dry with a lint-free cloth. Try to avoid using silicon-containing polish as over time it will alter the appearance of your piece. Direct sunlight will cause the colour of real wood to change, even if it is stained, painted or lacquered. So if you don’t want your beautiful wood to get a tan (sun damage), don’t place it under a window or in a conservatory.
A FEW THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT WOOD
Wood is a natural living thing, which makes it beautiful. It is important to understand its unique properties (which should not be mistaken for flaws!) so here is a quick guide to wood in all its glory and imperfections.
WOOD SHADING, GRAIN AND SPLITS
Each piece of wood has its own unique grain pattern, which means you can sometimes get a slight variation in colour, shading and grain between different products and within the same product. Small splits are a normal feature to all natural wood furniture and will only add to the character of the piece!
KNOTS AND JOINT LINES
These occur naturally in all real wood furniture and will sometimes be visible through a painted surface. However, this should merely enhance the beauty of the product. It does not affect performance.
Unlike a shiny new computer all timber moves from season to season because of changes in atmospheric temperature and humidity.
Dragging furniture across the floor will cause damage to the joints! Please make sure your shiny new wooden flooring is protected from possible marking by feet or legs. And last but not least, please avoid exposing your furniture to excessive heat e.g. by placing it in front of a radiator, as this can cause cracking. A minimum 30cm clearance from heat sources is ideal.
You can safely enter your credit card details via our secure server, which encrypts all submitted information. We store your credit card details so that when you make a new purchase your details are already available. Your credit card number is not visible to Moodmintdesign staff, and credit card numbers are encrypted to the highest security standards set by the credit card industry.
To change or cancel an existing order, please contact Customer Care
The products will be delivered at your door.
If you are not in, the courier will leave a calling card to enable you to rearrange your delivery.
PLEASE READ “GENERAL TERMS”
1. Any cancellations for made-to-order items will need to be made in accordance with your rights under Distance Selling Regulations or within 14 days from the date your order was placed, after which all goods noted as made-to-order on our website will be subject to a cancellation charge of 20% of the price of the goods. This will be deducted from any refund due to you.
2. To obtain a refund you must take reasonable care of the goods. If you fail to do so we reserve the right to refuse the refund or deduct a charge based on the condition of the goods. It is not possible to refund made-to-order items unless you cancel in accordance with your rights under Distance Selling Regulations or they are faulty or not as described, in which case we may ask to review the goods through an independent inspection before a refund is given. Your statutory rights are not affected.
3. If you paid for delivery we will refund the original delivery charge paid by you for the return of unwanted items if they are returned in accordance with your rights under the distance selling regulations. Following this period you may still return the goods but your original delivery charge will not be refunded, and a collection charge at our standard rate will apply.
4. Your refund will be processed as soon as possible and in any event within no more than 14 days of the day you have given us notice of cancellation or returned your items.
5. Until the goods are returned to us, you are responsible for them including if the goods are lost, damaged or destroyed. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the goods while they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation we may have a right of action against you for compensation.
6. We will make a refund using the same method of payment originally used by you to pay for your purchase.
7. Where the goods were delivered to a third party and you are unable to return them to us, you may not be entitled to a refund.
When purchasing any furniture or made to order items it is always important to measure the relevant space correctly. If you are purchasing furniture, we recommend that you measure the entrance, the route by which the item will enter the property and the space that it will occupy.
We provide our sofa dimensions in centimetres in the format Width x Height x Depth (W x H x Dcm). We provide the assembled dimensions, with legs and cushions included, and also the packaged dimensions.
Your armchair or footstool will be delivered in its packaging and there may be some instances where removing the packaging will help get the sofa into the house. However, this will be done at the customer’s risk.
If you are a registered user you can track the status of your order in your account information.
If you aren’t a registered user please contact our customer service. Please have your order number available.
To help you track the status of your shipment, we will include a tracking number in the shipment notification email, that is sent you as soon as the order leaves our warehouse.
Or you can use your account information page, and check the status of your delivery by select the order number.
If we have a question about your order, we will contact you by phone or email. Likewise, if you have any questions or changes to your order, please contact us.
Once you place an order or make a purchase , we use your personal information to process your order, send you e-mails to confirm your order or to contact you via phone, postal mail or e-mail if we have other questions regarding your order or purchase.
We only transmit information strictly necessary to our partners or banks in order to process your order.
COUNTRIES IN EU
Order and confirmation
After process your order you will receive a confirmation with a current indication of the delivery date.
Stock and lead time
Made to order products are usually ready for shipment within 5/6 weeks. In any other case we maintain a maximum lead time of 10 weeks.
Freight for larger furniture
Larger furniture will be transported as international freight. Within the EU the transit time is 4-5 days.
COUNTRIES OUTSIDE THE EU
Sales tax and customs duties
If you order from outside of the European Union, the price of your order is excluding VAT and customs duties. These costs will be collected seperately by our transporter. The amount of these charges depend on your local tax rates and will vary with each country.
Stock and delivery time
For deliveries in countries outside the EU, maintain a delivery time of up to 8/10 weeks.